Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Musicians Friend makes amends

It's kind of weird, sitemeter shows that until just before the new year that one of this blogs busiest points of entry was my Musicians Friend rant, only recently has the third post on the subject even been looked at (but it's now been looked at a lot including a spammer comment that made it past the filter) by anyone besides our friends. That coupled with a month long run of my Christmas Cheer (the first non Musicians Friend or Guitar Center instrument purchased for or by me in decades) post being on top of the site for a few weeks brought about some indirect action. Musicians Friend sent a 20% off coupon with free shipping included to the house, for a PHONE order only (the coupon's "code" was my order # from last summer). We've never received anything like that from them before. It included a general apology over the problems they experienced over the summer and hoped I would come back as a customer. Well...it so happens I needed a case for the Epi LP, as well as one for the Mandolin (decided on a bag), and as always I can use strings for everything (I recently changed to a wound G string on my electric guitars). The whole order with the discount was less than $90. In addition to the discount, I was allowed to use it on sale items, so my cost was probably about half of what I would have paid Guitar Center or Sam Ash on a walk in (not to mention most shops are sold out of cases after the holidays). I got the LP case and strings right away, I'm still waiting on the Mandolin case (backordered, I'm in no hurry for that anyways).

Am I back as a loyal Musicians Friend customer? Lets just say I will buy stuff from them again.
Do I forgive them for this summer? That was done when I got my credit.

After receiving both a $25 credit and 20%/free shipping coupon for my troubles will I pull the original posts from my Blog?

Ummm.....not likely, but I will go back to plugging them as one of the best values for musical instruments & supplies on the internet.

Actually considering the bad case of G.A.S. (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) I've had over the last few years, I'm thinking now I have all the equipment I should ever really need. ;)

No comments: