Monday, March 24, 2014

Oh NO! I'm one of "those"...

Yep, I'm one of those blogs who's main source of hits is...
Can you guess?
The ubiquitous "next blog" button at the top of all Blogger pages. 
This was not always so, previously my top hits were for rants and/or reviews of stuff. For almost two years, my top visitor was Musician's Friend seeing if I had dropped my grudge yet. 
Oh how Facebook has changed things. I used to give up this blog for lent, now I give up Facebook. Yes, I may get more responces there, but when I see people I know lightly in meatspace, we have nothing to talk about as they know all my current chit-chat already.  People who came here a few years back were looking specifically for ME, or looking for some help concerning guitars or computers. 
Now it's mostly time-killers and bored non-social media-ites. So let's kick google's blogger rankings in the butt: Stay, read a couple posts, and even comment, I'll do the same back when I can. 
In the meanwhile... I should point out young people are leaving Facebook in droves to avoid... Their parents and grandparents! Apparently it's too much work for them to set up their security to block or limit their access to their pages... It's easier to leave.